Dear Church Family and Friends,
The pledges and contributions keep coming in as we work together to raise funds for the church’s current capital improvement projects. To date, $204,330 has been pledged or donated toward our goal of $500,000. Thank you to everyone who has committed to giving so generously!!!
Giving to our capital improvement projects is a tangible way for us to thank God for the many ways that God has shaped our lives through the power of the Holy Spirit at work among us and through us here in Avondale. Beyond that, we give thanks for the faithful generations who have come before us, laying a foundation for others to come to know Jesus Christ through our church … and we give thanks that our efforts right now will not only benefit our current congregation and neighborhood, but they will leave a lasting legacy for those generations still to come.
It’s not too late to give. Below you’ll also see all the different ways you can pledge or give. We want to make it as easy as possible for you. In addition, some of the gifts have been given to the glory of God in memory of loved ones. You can see a list of those names below. You’re welcome to make your contribution in memory or honor of a loved one.
It’s exciting to see all the wonderful things that are happening now on our church campus – from Sunday morning worship in our sanctuary … to the school moving in and having classes on our first floor … to AA meetings that help support folks who struggle with addiction … to families receiving groceries. Plus, there are several more ministries developing on the horizon. I’m in awe at how the Spirit is working and moving and using Avondale United Methodist Church to transform lives. I pray you are, too!
Rev. Malinda Weaver
Memorials & Honorariums
given to the glory of God in memory of …
Grady & Allene Smith
Ways to Give
Did you know we have several ways you can give? We want to make it as convenient as possible to support the church.
- Pledge – Our current capital campaign is taking place over 3 years. If you’d like to make a pledge, click here to let us know the amount and how you plan to make your contributions.
- Online – You can make a one-time contribution or set up a recurring payment through our giving page by clicking here. Then, scroll down and check the box that says, “I would like this donation to go to a specific fund.” Then choose “Capital Improvements.”
- Automatic Bank Draft – Set up a monthly recurring gift with our bookkeeper by emailing Jeanne Baker (firstname.lastname@example.org). Click here to download the form to set up automatic bank draft.
- Mail – You can mail a check to the church at 500 40th Street South, Birmingham, Alabama 35222
- Alternative Gifts – the church also accepts gifts of stocks, real estate, life insurance, and other assets. Please email the church’s bookkeeper, Jeanne Baker (email@example.com), for more information on how to give in this way.